1. For companies with limited responsabilty of the shareholder (nv, bvba), the establishment must be done by a notary
2. The founders can consult the notary for advice about the content of the company contract
3. Sometimes the notary will send a draft of the contract to the accountant of the company
4. The founders will sign the company contract in the office of the notary
5. The notary will register the contract and pay the registration tax of 0,5%
6. The notary will deposit a summery of the contract for publication in the Offical Gazette website. From this moment the company starts to exist
7. The company can take a registration in the trade register and demand a VAT number
This page in Dutch.